Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I Remember...

I remeber waking up in agony, screaming at the top of my lungs.

I remember being sent to the corner for being rude and disrespectful. I felt so terrible that I just sat in the corner and cried wishing that I could disappear.

I remember my first break up.

I remember crying myself to sleep because my best friend moved. For all I knew I would never see her again.


I remember the stress of spanish tests.


I remember the day they took my kittens away.

I remember getting my finger stuck in the vacuum cleaner. I wanted my mom to come home and make it all go away. Instead I got firefighters with hack saws that were taller that I was.


I remember warm summer days spent reading books and wishing I had friends to play with.

I remember my coach yelling at me because I wasn't running fast enough. I wasn't jumping high enough. I wasn't working hard enough.

I remember silent dinners where the tension was so thick I could hardly breathe.

I remember my brother squirting invisible ink on my new shirt, I was so mad, I screamed at him. All his friends laughed and I ran.

I remember walking through white corridors, with wide doors. My hand swallowed up in my dads. Tubes and needles hiding this woman that resembled my mother. She called me closer in an all too familiar voice. I backed away.

I remember the day I realized there is purpose in pain.

4 comments:

  1. Very, very good. I enjoyed reading this. Nearly every thought was specific enough that I could visualize it, yet open enough that I could still use my imagination.

    Ha...the day they took my kittens away. Who are they? Your parents? I love that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. REALLY GOOD! the last one really hit me! i loved the flow! even though there was no specific rhythm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you I had a ton of fun writing this. My sister took two of the kitties and some friends of mine took the third. It was a very sad day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOu sound like you've had quite the experience! your writing shows your emotion i like it alot. well done

    ReplyDelete