Monday, November 2, 2009

Love peom?...

The Boy in Car

Small arms with big hands
wrap around my neck.
leaving for far away lands
I lean in and give him a peck

I hope he knows,

from the books I read him,
from days spent at play,
from band-aids over crimson,
from the hugs given day after day.

Even if,
I left the impression intended,
Even if,
He knows that I care,
Even if,
The mistakes have been mended,
Even if,
I was always fair,

Will the pain of watching him go,
ever go away?

Will he even remember?


Will I have made a difference?

2 comments:

  1. this poem is very heart felt. I found myself reading it twice to better understand, not that its confusing but it just made better sense of it for me. good job, i really enjoyed this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gandalf! I am glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete